Search This Blog

Saturday, November 2, 2013

NaNoWriMo: Day 2

Up from bed today by 11 am. Being I went to bed at 2:30 am, a good amount of catch up sleep. A little more of a relaxed day, though my weekends tend to be fuller. Spent time with wife, ate breakfast, checked email and blogs. Did a little support group writing, but kept it to one thread.

Then started getting ready for the evening church service. Put together my binder, cleaned up, and wife and I headed out the door by 5 pm.  We returned to the city and stopped to eat at a local Mexican restaurant. Returned home shortly after 9:30 pm. Checked more email, responded to another support group thread, and a blog comment, then put my wife to bed around midnight.

Read a new blog post I follow that reminded me this ended Daylight savings time (Okay, how many of you arrived at church an hour early?). That caused me to try and change the time on my watch an hour back. It is an old digital watch I bought in 1982, a few months before my wife and I were married. The buttons on the side are hard to get to work. After a lot of struggling, I finally got the time changed. So I sat down at my computer at 1:30 to write, after getting some water.

I knew I wouldn't get much done, as I needed to get to bed early since I get up early for church. But I wanted to record something. So I dove in. Considering that I spent some time researching on Google Maps, and my Parkinson's doesn't allow me to type as fast as I used to, I did pretty good. When I stopped at 3 am, I'd written 807 more words in 1.5 hours. Then off to write this blog post and get to bed Should be snoozing before 4 am hits, and I'll get at least 3 hours of sleep. Don't worry, I have a planned afternoon nap to catch up. Standard Sunday  routine.

Reality Game totals:

Day 1: 961 words in 2.5 hours, for an average of 384 words/hour.
Day 2: 807 words in 1.5 hours, for an average of 538 words/hour.

--------------------

Total: 1768 words in 4 hours for an average of 442 words/hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment