Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo: Day 1

Woke up around 7:45 am, giving me just under 2 hours of sleep. Ate breakfast while checking email and FB. Prepared, and I was underway with wife and son #1 to Austin around 9:45. Arriving at 11, we all three start packing and loading up our Ford Focus. Son #2 is supposed to meet us at 12:30, but he overslept and missed his morning classes. So he arrives more at 1 pm. We load the rest of son #1's material goods into second car, a PT Cruiser.  Wife gets hungry, so after dropping the key off at the school, we go get a bite to eat.

We leave with a little drama over how son #2 is going to pay for his new car. Finally they say they are okay with a personal check. But now we're pressed for time, because the DMV closes at 4:30. So we drive back from Austin and get to the DMV at 4:00 pm. They do the transaction and transfer the title over to son #2, who is now the proud owner of a 2002 Ford Taurus.

We head home, unload the two vehicles. Mom and son #2 go to pick up his car. Meanwhile, I get in some quick FB time before cooking dinner, shrimp stir fry. Sit down to eat sometime after 7 pm. I'm feeling the affects of running on minimal sleep, so I don't feel like doing much. So I end up watching YouTube videos until almost 11 pm. Wife is tired too, so I put her to bed.

11:30, I sit down at my computer to write, even though I'm not feeling much into it. But I want to at least get started on this novel. So I get "rolling" on it and type away, getting in 961 words by 2 am. I'm struggling, so decide it will be better to call it a night, get some sleep, and hope to get more time tomorrow.

Reality Game totals:

Day 1: 961 words in 2.5 hours, for an average of 384 words/hour.

--------------------

Total: 961 words in 2.5 hours for an average of 384 words/hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment